Monday, March 30, 2009

The proposal

Well, some of you have been or will be asking how I popped the question, so instead of repeating it again and again and again, I thought I would just put it here.

So, March 30th, 2009, Maria and I went to Rock Canyon Park to build a snowman. Once we were finished, I asked Maria one more time if she was sure she wanted to marry me. She said yes, and that she loved me very much. So we started walking and I began to tell her a story, the story of the Magic Snowman: "The very first snowman of the year that someone makes is a magical snowman. With just that first snowman of the year, whatever your heart's deepest desire is, the snowman will make happen. Just as with Frosty the Snowman, the children needed a friend, and this was the first snowman that they had made. Now some may say that it was the hat that brought him to life, but really, it was because those kids really wanted a friend. So it is with the first snowman of the year, he will grant whatever you wish the most." As I finished the story, we were back at the snowman. Maria then asked me, "So the snowman can make it so that we get married?" To which I responded, "Ask it." She then asked the snowman to make it so that we could get married, at which point I dropped to one knee and asked her to marry me. She stood there and looked at me for a couple of seconds, then said, "Really?! YES!!" And so I put the ring on her finger and we kissed and kissed and kissed. The End.

2 comments:

  1. I told you so :)
    Du wusstest es doch? Wieso dann doch der Fürcht???
    Würde gerne kommen, lasse mir den Idee nochmals durch den Kopf gehen.
    Ganz viele liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. When you are looking at wedding announcements you should take a look at www.wahyupress.com. It's my sister-in-law, Leslee's company and she does great work.
    Congrats again. Let me know what your colors are when you know.

    Love ya,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete